|TERM||START DATE||END DATE||LENGTH|
|TERM 1||Mon 5th Sept 2022||Sun 20th Nov 2022||10 weeks|
|TERM 2||Mon 21st Nov 2022||Sun 12th Feb 2023||10 weeks|
|TERM 3||Mon 13th Feb 2023||Sun 30th Apr 2023||10 weeks*|
|TERM 4||Mon 1st May||Sun 2nd July 2023||9 weeks*|
|Halloween||Term 1||Mon 31st Oct - Sun 6th Nov 2022 (1 week)|
|Christmas||Term 2||Thurs 22nd Dec 2022 - Weds 4th Jan 2023 (2 weeks)|
|St Patricks||Term 3||Fri 17th March 2023 (1 day)|
|Easter||Term 3||Thurs 6th - Weds 12th Apr 2023 (1 week)|
|May Day||Term 4||Mon 1st May 2023 (1 day)|
|Halloween Disco||Term 1||Sat 29th Oct 2022|
|Halloween Fun Club||Term 1||Weds 2nd - Fri 4th Oct 2022|
|Easter Fun Club||Term 3||Thurs 6th - Fri 7th Apr 2023|
|Summer Fun Club||Begins 3rd July|
As a British Gymnastics affiliated club, it is a requirement that all of our members hold British Gymnastics Membership. This membership provides gymnasts with insurance to allow participation in our classes. Without valid membership for the current year, gymnasts are unable to take part in our classes.
British Gymnastics Membership year runs from October – September. Existing British Gymnastics members will receive an email directly from British Gymnastics requesting them to log on and renew. For new members, enrolment typically begins at the start of October. Further information will be updated to our Facebook page as soon as it is released from BG.
Term fees are payable in advance. Failure to pay fees will result in your place being cancelled, and offered to a member on the waiting list.
Invoices for fees will be sent via email and text message. The email will contain a link, allowing payment online via our Class4Kids system.
Should you encounter any issues in relation to payment of term fees, please contact the office.
In the event that term fees are not paid by the end of Week 1, a late payment fee of £10.00 will be applied to your account.
LX Gymnastics Centre will primarily use Facebook and our website to communicate important information to members. We would encourage you to like the Facebook Page and to check it regularly.
Should we need to contact you, we will do so by text and/or email. Please ensure that we have the most up to date contact details for you to allow us to do so. It is every members responsibility to ensure that the details held on file are accurate and up to date.
Failure to do so may result in important communications being lost/not received. Please check your junk folders for emails not received.
Attendance will be recorded on a daily basis.
We understand that, from time to time, your child may be unable to attend class due to sickness, school events etc. Where possible, we will endeavour to accommodate a make-up class. This must be arranged with the office in advance.
For long term absences, please inform the coach. If your child is absent for 3 consecutive weeks or more, and you have not informed the Centre, this may result in the loss of your place.
If your child misses a class due to illness etc, we always endeavour to provide a make up class. Make up classes must be arranged in advance via the office, and are accommodated subject to coaching ratios.
LXGC will be following the National Gymnastics Awards Program (NatGAP). This scheme allows gymnasts to progress through various levels across all apparatus, earning medals and certificates as they go. Further information can be found on our website.
Each term will focus on 2 sections of the NatGAP Awards, providing opportunities for gymnasts to attain 2 medals per term. Please note, attainment of 2 medals is not guaranteed, and is subject to each individuals progression. Medals, once attained, can be purchased via the office – further information will be distributed during class.
Our Club Welfare Officer is Claire Willis.
Holly can be contacted on 90602776, or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gymnasts should arrive on time for their chosen class. For health and safety reasons, if a gymnast misses warm up, they may not be permitted to take part in the remainder of the class
- Gymnasts should be appropriately dressed for class. Leotards/Shorts/T-shirts/Leggings are all permitted. Jeans, loose clothing, skirts, dresses, crop tops etc SHOULD NOT be worn. Gymnasts who are not appropriately dressed will not be permitted to take part.
- Jewellery must not be worn, in accordance with British Gymnastics rules. For children with recently pierced ears, stud earrings with a plaster covering the front and back may be worn until such times as the piercing can be removed.
- Hair must be tied up at all times.
- Grip socks must be worn at all times in the gym. Gymnasts without grip socks will not be permitted to take part in classes.
- Members should refrain from running/horse play/gymnastics in the parent’s room
- Gymnasts must show respect to their coach and to other gymnasts at all times
- Coaches must treat everyone with respect
- Gymnasts should be encouraged to use the toilet before class to minimise disruption during class
- Gymnasts should, where possible, avoid taking drinks breaks during class. Again, this is to minimise disruption
- Under no circumstances is a gymnast permitted to eat during class. This can result in an upset stomach and nausea
- Parents are very welcome to watch their child from our Parent’s Room. For safety reasons, adults should ensure that they do not cause a distraction to gymnasts participating in classes. This includes, but is not limited to, entering the gym, shouting out to gymnasts in class, encouraging gymnasts to leave their group etc. All adults should also ensure that fire exits are kept clear at all times.
- Gymnasts should be collected by a parent after their class. If a parent is running late, the gymnast must wait inside the gym until they arrive. Under no circumstances is a gymnast permitted to leave the building unaccompanied. In the event of a parent running late, they must contact the office to inform the coach.
Member’s Handbook 2022-23
Our Member’s Handbook covers all you need to know including term dates, fees, insurance information and club rules. You can download a copy or read this page for more information.Download handbook